Textile workshop & Community visit
The textile industry in India traditionally, after agriculture, is the only industry that has generated huge employment for both skilled and unskilled labour in textiles. The textile industry continues to be the second-largest employment generating sector in India. You will be part of a unique social impact experience with our empowered women from the Ghaziabad community, Delhi by discovering the art of sewing, stitching, knitting, folding… as part of the textile manufacturing process. During your tour at the community, you will witness a great interaction with the families and empowered skilful women who will be grateful to share their manual skills. Through an intensive workshop, you will have the opportunity to craft your own piece of cloth and help the women to support their families.
What will you do:
- Visit of the community and families
- Sewing & Stitching workshop with the empowered women
- Interaction with local artisans and ladies to learn about their skills
- Making a piece of cloth as a souvenir to bring back home
- Seeing the collection of handmade textiles made by the ladies and bringing back a small self-made piece of cloth or buying a showcased one to support their living.
Each workshop has been curated keeping in mind to give you an immersive experience to satisfy your hunger to experience the local culture as best volunteer programs in india. Not only this, every experience would help a family as with that money they will be able to buy their food for the next 1 month !
- You need to carry nothing, we will take care of all !!!
- You are requested to be in comfortable clothing as it would be in a slum or rural area.
- A dedicated person will be there to assist you
- Price Rs 5000 per person per workshop
- Duration of each workshop will be 1.5 hours to 2 hours