Volunteer Program & Destinations
Volunteer for women empowerment
About the program
Our women empowerment program, one of the finest volunteer programs in India, aims to uplift the status of women in the society and give them a self-employment capacity to become financially independent. In most of the rural areas and villages, women are seen as an economic liability and are seeing their rights being misused. That is why education and skill training are two of the powerful tools in the liberation and the empowerment of women on which our program focuses on. The program provides health and menstrual awareness, exposure to the outside world through professional skill training and sales of handmade products. With the help of our NGO partner they have built centres across India where every day women get benefits from our empowerment program.
The training is provided by professionals in different manual areas such as sewing, stitching, bag making or products made out of recycled materials to help women to develop useful skills while keeping a responsible way of working. In this way, every manufactured item has the potential to generate income for the ladies and therefore help sustain their families.
By joining our women empowerment program you will be part of a dedicated team whose workshop initiatives are meant to provide basic education to these women, create economic development towards self-employment and most importantly, making them gain self-esteem.
What all you can do?
- A counselling session with the women to listen to their problems & sharing your story to empower them.
- Awareness on Menstrual Hygiene and distribution of sanitary pads
- Help us in marketing of our handmade products
- Sharing your creative skills to enhance the existing product or to create a new product
- Help us in innovating ways of packaging ideas for women
- Empower women digitally
Minimum 4 days to
maximum 4 months according to your availability
Onwards per week
- Ghaziabad , Uttar Pradesh
- Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Umri village, Madhya Pradesh
- Shamsher Village, Uttar Pradesh
- Pangot village, Uttrakhand
Be it for a short-term or long-term journey with us, we remain flexible for you. You can pick your own start and end dates, and your project doesn’t necessarily follow a set itinerary. Please do contact our team so that we best respond to your needs.
For any of our projects, no specific educational qualification will be required. However, English language fluency will help in actually working on the ground. Also, creative skills like stitching, sewing, health knowledge or any relevant field will be an add on. Finally, skills in the field of marketing, packaging and or selling would be of a great advantage for our women empowerment projects.
What is included
- Arranging your Programme
- Pre-departure information
- Support by email/phone
- Arrival pickup
- Program relevant material
- Accommodation with Indian Host Family
- 3 Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Transportation facility for project site
- On ground support
- Curating the whole program as per your wish!
What is not included
- Telephone Calls
- Monuments/Sightseeing Entry Fees
- Insurance Cover
- Airport Drop off
If requested, you can book your own Hotel Accommodation before coming here if not comfortable with Indian Host Families. We will help you in booking it. Though we usually recommend experiencing a host family as it is part of the authenticity of your experience and we have strong bounds with local families who have been working with us since several years.